Thursday, October 28, 2010

back to reality

the last few weeks have been rather chaotic around these parts.  my children's school festival was this past weekend, and i co-chaired the event with my good friend amy.  we had some crazy fun together putting on this festival, but it was very very time consuming, and energy draining, and maddening at times.  but in the end, it was a great experience.  we worked our tails off and the effort showed.  we made an incredible amount of money for the school's Smart Board fund, and provided a fun filled afternoon for so many families.  my kids enjoyed being a part of the process as well.  they all spent hours at the school with me doing all kinds of prepwork. 
now i am dealing with the aftermath:  a house that hasn't been cleaned in weeks, laundry that has been piling up, halloween costume prep that was put off until the last minute, upset parents who think that things could have been done better, thank you notes to all of the volunteers who helped make the festival happen, documentation of everything from the festival for future years, halloween party prep for the schools & for our family, blog entries that are rolling around in my head waiting to be written, legal documents that need to be read and written (more on this tasty tidbit monday), custom birthday invites and the list goes on.  hopefully i can do some catching up this weekend so i can enjoy the halloween holiday!  i'm not trying to sound whiny, as much as i love putting on the school festival it's just nice to be back to reality around here.  I missed the everyday stuff, and I'm excited about a new note card job...i've missed making cards.
for now i leave you with a picture of my little girl in the fabulous falcon picture board her father made for the festival.  i will return soon with pictures, recipes, a halloween menu, a cloth napkin tutorial of sorts, and much more! 

2 comments:

giozi said...

Ha ha ha .funny photo ;)

Amy said...

The festival was AWESOME. I go to lots of school festivals for work and yours was one of the smoothest and most entertaining. I have ever seen. My kids had so much fun that I was actually able to work my table without distraction!