Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cupcakes from Heaven

I've been on quite a cupcake kick lately...finding some interesting and tasty recipes on the world wide web...and I have been making my own icing too!  I think that the homemade icing really makes it extra tasty.  Last week I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cupcakes from the Tidy Mom blog, and they were AMAZING!  They took quite a bit of time to put together, but it's well worth the work.  They are quite rich & decadent:  chocolate chip cupcakes with a bit of egg-free cookie dough inside of them...topped with tasty icing & mini chips.  Delicious, and quite a hit at the birthday dinner.  I only changed one little thing in the recipe, I used mini chips in the cupcakes instead of regular size chocolate chips.  I just like the minis better in baked goods.  I thought when I put the cupcakes together that the blob of cookie dough in the middle was going to be noticable, but it's really not, the textures of the cupcakes, dough and icing all blend together deliciously. 
I have a few more cupcake recipes bookmarked for the coming weeks.  I'll let you know if I find any more winners!
Do you have a favorite cupcake recipe?  Please do share!

2 comments:

micaela said...

I do have a yummy cupcake recipe to share..i'll have to find it first..but it's for Smore's cupcakes..graham cracker crust, layer of chocolate, then choc cake and a homemade marshmallow topping. Mmmmmmm!!!

Unknown said...

I am a little sad that I had that hectic morning and missed out on trying one of these..they look delicious! Micaela-those sound fantastic!! Can you believe I'd never had a s'more until about 2 years ago...I'm a late blooomer ;) But I got hooked fast!