Monday, May 23, 2011

Menu Planning Monday ~ In Reverse ~ May 23 2011

 I am participating in Menu Planning Monday at orgjunkie.com, but unlike most of the other participants who plan their menus and post them that week, I'm always a bit behind, and I post my menus a week later.  I do this so that I can let you know if I try a new recipe and it's not that great.  I don't want to blog about a recipe if it's no good.  Participating in MPM has inspired me to find new recipes for my family, and I hope that when you read this post you can find new recipes for your family! 
May I present to you, our family's menu for last week's meals:
Monday ~ Basil Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta (see picture, yum yum...don't be stingy with the garlic though!)
Tuesday ~ Chicken Caesar Pitas
Wednesday ~ Brinner!  ~ Whole Wheat Waffles from Weelicious (not at all like the kind of waffles we are accustomed to because of the "wheaty" taste, but we all thought they were tasty)
Thursday ~ I took the kids rollerskating, and there was no time for cooking...so I opted for a take-out treat
Friday ~ Sesame Beef, Roasted Broccoli & Rice ~ this is my own version of beef & broccoli, I roast the broccoli at 425 for about 20 minutes, with olive oil drizzled on top and a healthy dose of garlic stirred in.  Yum.
Saturday ~ Turkey Burgers, Hot Dogs, and all the cookout sides
Sunday ~ Sam's Birthday ~ Dinner at Sky Galley at the Lunken Airport.

Extras:  I made some delicious granola this week for snacking :)  and of course we had some delicious bread on Monday with our pasta.  I'm hoping for some more time for baking in the kitchen this week, I have some new recipes to try out.

So there you have it, our menu for the week.  What's cookin' at your house?  And if you are a visitor popping over from the orgjunkie, please leave a comment to say hello, or follow along with my blog...I have lots of fun craft & recipe ideas along with cool giveaways here and there.
Have a great week!

No comments: