Monday, May 30, 2011

Menu Planning Monday ~ In Reverse ~ May 30

I am participating in Menu Planning Monday at orgjunkie.com, but unlike most of the other participants who plan their menus and post them that week, I'm always a bit behind, and I post my menus a week later. I do this so that I can let you know if I try a new recipe and it's not that great. I don't want to blog about a recipe if it's no good. Participating in MPM has inspired me to find new recipes for my family, and I hope that when you read this post you can find new recipes for your family!

May I present to you, our family's menu for last week's meals:
Monday ~ Basil Burgers
Tuesday ~ Tortellini Marinara and our new favorite BREAD
Wednesday ~ Max's Talent Show = Leftover night
Thursday ~ Mustardy Pot Roast with vegetables (Slow Cooker Recipe)
Friday ~ Chicken Fried Rice & Roasted Broccoli
Saturday ~ Cookout with the in-laws.  I bought buns & made Market Day cookies, so no new recipes to share.
Sunday ~ Impromptu dinner with my parents.

Extras this week ~ Zucchini Bread, Banana Oat Bran Muffins, Breakfast Sandwiches (made 8 to freeze for quick breakfasts for mama and papa - yum!), and Multigrain Flapjacks from my new favorite cookbook: The Kentucky Fresh Cookbook.

So there you have it, our menu for the week. What's cookin' at your house? And if you are a visitor popping over from the orgjunkie, please leave a comment to say hello, or follow along with my blog...I have lots of fun craft & recipe ideas along with cool giveaways here and there.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Becca said...

I really want to try zucchini bread! I always talk about it but never make it :/

The Little Things Mama said...

Becca,
Zucchini bread is easy and very tasty! You should definately try it! My whole family loves it! The only hard part is grating the zucchini, but I just leave the skin on and it makes it easier (I think). -Katie

Unknown said...

I don't know if you saw it in the library calendar but Maggie Green is going to be at the Erlanger Branch of the library on July 28 at 7 p.m., I'm guessing talking about and possibly signing her cookbook. You have to register for it. Just wanted to let you know!!

The Little Things Mama said...

Thanks for letting me know! I'd love to go, I'll have to check my calendar.