Thursday, June 23, 2011

Teething & Baltic Amber

poor prince henry is teething, AGAIN.  it seems that when he teethes they come in large numbers.  i've had a number of people ask me about his necklace.  it is baltic amber, and it is supposed to relieve pain associated with teething.  i've been asked repeatedly if i think it works, and the answer is yes.  i was skeptical at first, but so many friends were singing the praises of the amber necklaces, and i was willing to try anything to make teething easier for him.  right now he has at least 3 teeth coming in (he doesn't let me in there to check things out very often).  he can get a little cranky sometimes, and that might be due to the teeth coming in, but i have not had to give him meds at all because of the teething.  when his first two teeth came in (before we bought the necklace) it was a nightmare, and he cried for two days straight.  so comparing that experience to this one, i'd have to say the amber is soothing him.  i found his necklace on etsy, but I know that you can also find them at Toko Kidz in Clifton and Park+Vine in Cincinnati and other shops.  these necklaces are for wearing, not for chewing, and even if they aren't relieving pain (which i believe it is) - it's still a cute little necklace, for a boy or a girl.  let me know if you use these beads, and what you think about them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liam used to teeth in clusters like that, never just one at a time..it was always at least 3. I wish I had known about the amber back then, but I didn't :( I'm glad it's helping the Prince!!