Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Gift Ideas

For the past few years I have made an effort to buy more of our holiday gifts from small businesses.  I myself am a small business owner (Cards by Katie - shameless plug), so I understand the importance of supporting independently owned companies.  I've put together a list for my readers of some of my favorite items I've found on Etsy.com and some of my favorite local small businesses (in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area).

My favorite Etsy finds:

Gorgeous Alphabet prints by Jennifer French ~ we gave these to the kids last year for Christmas

READ Charm Bracelets by Tippy Tumble
Reinbeer Ornaments (always good for a laugh - and eco-friendly!) from Make Shop Live

Felt Hippo shirt by Felt It (she has soooo many cute felt gifts in her shop!)
Cards by Katie (shameless plug!)

Tooth Fairy Pillows by Cosmic Thimble
Coupon Organizers by Grandma's Little Lilly

Personalized Wooden Ornaments by Jeneene
If you crochet, Mamachee has some adorable & reasonably priced patterns in her shop!

My favorite places to shop around town:
Stoney's Gifts All Things Princess & Fairy
Bunches of Bows (my girl loves bows!  And they have so many more gifts here besides bows)
Joseph Beth Booksellers
MK's Totebags and Monogramming
Madelyne Rose Custom Hairbows, It's a Girl Thing

For other great places to shop around Cincy/NKY check out the Local Shopping Guide on Family Friendly Cincinnati!

How do you support small business?

No comments: