Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Making Dinner ~ Sam Style

Last night we had leftovers for dinner.  Usually leftover night is met with cheers, especially on a night like last night when the leftovers were all kid friendly and some were even leftover from parties.  We had pizza, homemade mac and cheese, BBQ sandwiches, and spaghetti & meatballs.  Well not one of those things interested Sam. But I wasn't going to make him something else to eat when we had all these great leftovers.  I felt he was being too stubborn (I wonder where he gets that).  So we argued.  He pouted.  He cried.  He begged for something else.  He moped.  He whined.  

And finally after everyone had eaten and I was cleaning up and I still couldn't convince him to choose one of the leftovers I said something close to this:  "Fine!  If you want something else then make your own 'darn' dinner!"

And he did.

No comments: