Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Whole Foods Market Meal Plan Challenge :: The Shopping Trip

Recently I told you about the foodie adventure that I am on with Whole Foods Market.  I have been challenged to feed my family three meals a day for seven days using $200 worth of groceries at Whole Foods Market in Cincinnati.  On Sunday I embarked on my grocery shopping adventure at Whole Foods.  I love grocery shopping at this store!  And I have to say, it was a successful trip, I spent less than $200 on our groceries for the week!  I went grocery shopping on Sunday and got the bulk of our food for the week, but returned today (Tuesday) for their Buy One Get One Free pizzas & a side of wheatberry salad from the prepared foods section.  Tuesdays are super busy for us so I thought the prepared pizzas would be an easy option for us (and they were!).  I'll come back next week and share my menu plan with you, but for now, here's a bit about my grocery shopping trip:

My favorite thing about grocery shopping at Whole Foods Market is the free samples...they serve the BEST free samples!  This Bourbon Smoked Salmon Spread was delish!

Here's my fully loaded cart!

Total Grocery bill: $184.37 - $3.50 in coupons = $180.87
Tuesday's Dinner (BOGO Pizza + Thai Wheatberry & Kale Salad) = $17.00
TOTAL SPENT = $197.87

ps...it could have been $5 cheaper but I just HAD to have that Thai Wheatberry & Kale salad!  Even though it wasn't on the grocery list or in the budget.  It was worth it!!

Here are a few items I bought that we've not had before and I'm looking forward to trying: Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce, Beef & Barley Soup, Salmon Burgers & Wellshire Natural Sausage Links.  I'll let you know what we think next week!  They all sound yummy to me. 


If you are shopping at Whole Foods Market be sure to grab some of their homemade guacamole and homemade tortilla chips.  They are out of this world!  This was just an extra treat I bought myself this weekend (not included in the family budget as they were for a party).
I LOVE this multi-seed bread, so good!

I want to thank my handy dandy shopper app...I can not shop without it!

Stay tuned for my menu plan next week...followed shortly thereafter by a $100 Whole Foods Market gift card giveaway!


Disclosure: Whole Foods Market in Cincinnati provided me with $200 to spend on groceries for my Whole Foods Market Meal Plan Challenge. They also gave me $100 to spend on whatever I would like at the store after the Challenge is over and $100 to give away to one random reader (more details to come). I’ll be sharing my culinary adventures here on the blog.

No comments: