AND STAY TUNED...more awesome giveaways coming your way!!
COSI (Center of Science & Industry), located in Columbus, Ohio, has long been one of my favorite places to visit and explore. As a child I went to COSI with my family a few times, and I also went each year with the Girl Scouts for an overnight field trip. And now I can take my own kids to explore one of the coolest museums I've ever been to. The museum's exhibits are so fun and hands-on, which in my professional opinion as a teacher is the best way to learn! If you live close to Columbus I highly recommend a day spent at COSI. And if you live a few hours away, like me then it's a perfect quick weekend getaway. We did this a few years back..spent the night downtown, visited COSI, the Columbus Zoo (also awesome) and the Farmer's Market. It was a great weekend away, we didn't spend a ton of money but had a ton of fun! Check the zoo and museum for reciprocity if you have other Zoo or Museum memberships!
COSI has exhibits that are always there, including some that have been there since I was
young, and then they have their special exhibits that are only open for a limited time only. Right now they have Adventure in the Valley of the Unknown and Mythbusters: The Explosive Exhibition. We were invited to a special media event to check out Mythbusters, and it was a very cool exhibit! I'm going to be honest with you...before we went to check out this exhibit I had never watched Mythbusters. After seeing the exhibit I couldn't wait to watch it!
We came right home and started watching it on Netflix Streaming. If you haven't seen it, I can tell you that they take urban legends or myths and try to see if there's any validity to them. Can you build a canoe out of duct tape in an emergency and actual sail in it? Why yes you can! At the Mythbusters exhibit the kids got to do lots of mythbusting activities, like trying to pull a tablecloth off a table without knocking the dishes over, and getting dressed like a superhero in a phone booth. It was an awesome exhibit! Even Henry, who really didn't understand the Mythbusting concept still had fun checking out all the activities they had.
I'm not the only one who got to enjoy the Mythbusters Exhibit! My friends at COSI gave me tickets so that one lucky reader can take their family to check it out!
THE GIVEAWAY ::
One winner will recieve FOUR admissions to COSI + Mythbusters: The Explosive Exhibition Admission Vouchers. AND as an added bonus you will get 4 Complimentary passes to see a movie on their Extreme Screen. Right now they have several shows going on, including Flight of the Butterflies, which my family loves!
THE FINE PRINT ::
One winner will be drawn on Tuesday, July 9th at 2pm using Random.org. The winner will be announced here on the blog and on The Little Things facebook page. If you leave an email address I will attempt to contact you. The winner has 24 hours to respond or another name will be drawn. Winner must be at least 18 years of age and live in the United States. Best of luck! You only need to complete the Mandatory Entry to be entered into the contest, but feel free to enter a few more times using the bonus entries. LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY!
MANDATORY ENTRY ::
1. Leave a comment below telling me why you'd like to win these tickets.
BONUS ENTRIES ::
2. Share this contest and then leave a comment telling me how you spread the word. If you share via Twitter, please be sure to use @LittleThingsMom and @COSI in your tweet. And if you share via Facebook please tag the little things blog.
3. Leave a comment below telling me if you have seen the Mythbusters show or not.
4. Check out "the little things blog" on Facebook, and if you are already a fan of that page, check out my other page to support my arts...the Cards by Katie facebook page. If you like what you see on these pages feel free to spread the word about them by sharing with your friends. Leave a comment below telling me you did so.
5. Follow me on Pinterest and leave a comment below telling me you did so.
6. Sign up for the little things blog ENewsletter (at the top right-hand side of this page) and then leave a comment telling me you did so.
Disclaimer :: In exchange for hosting this giveaway I was given four free passes to COSI & Mythbusters. All opinions above are my own.