Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Sound of Music at The Carnegie in Covington

 The Sound of Music is going to be performed at the Carnegie Theatre in Covington in just a few weeks and the tickets are going FAST!  I've heard great things about this show, and was honored to receive tickets for my family to go.  Honored is a fancy word...I was OVER THE MOON!  I have love love loved the Sound of Music since I was a small child.  I may or may not have taken old curtains from a bedroom remodel at my parent's house in the late 80's and attempted to make matching uniforms for me and my siblings.  And I may or may not have made them sing all the songs with me.  On the stairs.  With said handmade curtain clothing items on.  They didn't really end up being cool outfits like in the movie, but we had some scarves for our heads anyway.  You could say I was obsessed with the Sound of Music.  And truth be told, I still am!  I am counting the days until we get to go see the show.  I haven't shown my kids the movie yet, so this is going to be their first performance of the Sound of Music, and I can't wait to see what they think....will they be taking my curtains down and asking me to make them matching outfits while they sing and dance?  I doubt it...because nobody is cool like the kids of the 80's, but I hope to at least catch them singing the tunes later on.

Here are some details about the Sound of Music from our
friends at the Carnegie:


The Carnegie proudly continues its 2013-14 Theatre Series with a lightly staged production of the beloved Rodgers & Hammertstein musical THE SOUND OF MUSIC, playing weekends January 17 – 26, 2014 at The Carnegie in Covington, KY and co-produced with the Kentucky Symphony Orchestra. Musicians from that ensemble share the stage with a sterling cast of professional musical theatre and opera performers under the direction of Brian Robertson and the baton of maestro James R. Cassidy. Tickets are $19 - $28 and are available online at www.thecarnegie.com or by calling The Carnegie Box Office at (859) 957-1940 (open Tu – Fr, noon – 5pm).
 ***Note: They have added a show on Thursday, January 23rd at 7:30pm


One of my childhood favorites will be coming to life on stage, set to music by the fabulous Kentucky Symphony Orchestra.  I simply cannot wait to attend this show in the Carnegie's gorgeous historic theater!  Hopefully I can contain my singing along so that other patrons don't get irritated with me!    Get your tickets today, they are going quickly!  For more information visit the Carnegie's website or Facebook page.  

Disclaimer: I was given complimentary tickets to this show for promotional purposes, but the opinions in this post are 100% my own.  

No comments: