Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Calendar For Kids


Patience is a virtue, but not one that I or my children are well-aquainted with. We are a pretty busy family, and the thought of a long summer filled with a chorus of "mom, when are we going to...." made me cringe. So I made a family calendar. I used graphics and text, so that my reading children and my non-readers would know what was going on each day. Already this calendar has provided me with some much needed sanity, and it is a great tool for teaching months, days, weeks, and yes...patience. So if your children are desperate to know what their schedule is like all summer long I highly recommend taking a half hour and putting one of these together!  There are many templates in Microsoft for a Calendar, and then you just find your own images or add your own text!

No comments: