Friday, July 23, 2010

Mini Open Face Tomato Appetizers

It's been a while since I've posted a recipe, so here is a very special (and tasty) recipe, handed down to me from my Nana & my Aunt Patti. It's a family favorite, always a hit at the parties. You all know how much I love my appetizers...

Mini Open Face Tomato Appetizers

Ingredients:
French Bread
Butter
1 box Cream Cheese
¼ cup Mayonnaise
Pepper
Basil
Roma Tomatoes
Olive Oil

Step one:
Slice french bread, spread melted butter on slices & broil until slightly brown. cool and then keep in an air-tight container until needed.

Step two: Mix one package cream cheese with ¼ cup mayonnaise and an oversized teaspoon of pepper & an oversized teaspoon of basil.

Step three: Slice the tomatoes thinly and place in a container with olive oil and lots of pepper & basil.

All of these steps can be done a day or two ahead of time. When you are ready to serve: spread cream cheese on bread and top with one tomato slice.
Delicious!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh that looks SO good! Thanks for sharing!