Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~ In Reverse ~ June 20, 2011

I am participating in Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com, but unlike most of the other participants who plan their menus and post them that week, I'm always a bit behind, and I post my menus a week later. I do this so that I can let you know if I try a new recipe and it's not that great. I don't want to blog about a recipe if it's no good. Participating in MPM has inspired me to find new recipes for my family, and I hope that when you read this post you can find new recipes for your family!


Here's our menu from last week, but I have to warn you, I still haven't been cooking dinner at home every night.  I need to get better about that. 
 
Monday ~ A picnic in the park with my dad, we had Pizza & sandwiches and then took a long walk while the kids rode their bikes.  Fun!
Tuesday ~ Grilled Steak Sandwiches with Golden Onions (so very very good...they were gobbled up, I will double the recipe next time so we can have lunches out of it too!)
Wednesday ~ Snappy Tomato Pizza & Storytime at our local library.  Our location of Snappy has a buffet, and kids eat FREE on Wednesdays.
Thursday ~ Dinner at Chez Nora for Mama with the ladies, and the kids had Frisch's with Nana. 
Friday ~ Basil Burgers, Hotdogs, Oven Fries, and fresh fresh salad from our CSA
Saturday ~ Leftovers
Sunday ~ Cookout with Michael's family to celebrate Father's Day.  I brought roasted asparagus and Chickpea & Feta salad.
 
And here's the extras this week...I made several appetizers for parties this weekend, Radish Dip, Texas Caviar, French Onion Dip & Hummus.
 
What are you cooking this week?

No comments: