Monday, July 11, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~ In Reverse ~ July 11

I am participating in Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com, but unlike most of the other participants who plan their menus and post them that week, I'm always a bit behind, and I post my menus a week later. I do this so that I can let you know if I try a new recipe and it's not that great. I don't want to blog about a recipe if it's no good. Participating in MPM has inspired me to find new recipes for my family, and I hope that when you read this post you can find new recipes for your family!


Here's our menu from last week!
Monday ~ Cookout at my parents, I took fresh pineapple and roasted asparagus
Tuesday ~ Brinner:  Whole Grain Pancakes (from a box, gasp!) and sausage
Wednesday ~ Fresh Vegetable Soup & Salad (this soup is becoming a staple for us)
Thursday ~ Mini pizzas (made on English Muffins) & soup
Friday ~ Skyline Pie
Saturday ~ Dinner at my cousin's house, where we got to see the gardens our veggies grow in!  Three cheers for CSA's!  I totally got off easy this night, I brought a Tastefully Simple dip, while they made a feast for us :)
Sunday ~ Skillet Red Beans & Rice (from the Kentucky Fresh cookbook)

What's cookin' at your house? 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How were the whole grain pancakes? Worth a purchase? and if so what brand? Jealous of your CSA!!!

The Little Things Mama said...

they were hungry jack. and they were pretty good...for healthy pancakes...give me the ol' fashioned pancakes any day though ;)

Cindy Reaper said...

tonight's special is smothered pork chops. A single serving container of mandarin oranges mixed with Campbell's Cream of Mushroom and Roasted Garlic Soup (the best). Brown the chops fast, put them in an ovenproof dish, cover with soup mixture till done...about 30 mins... Oh so Yummy!

micaela said...

last night we did veggie enchiladas..that I threw together with what we had on hand. Trying to reduce our meat consumption. I did black beans, corn shaved off a piece of leftover corn on cob,onion,garlic,can of rotel,2 tbs taco seasoning,cilantro from the garden,can of red enchilada sauce, whole wheat tortillas and cheddar cheese..super easy! Tonight we're having Gram Curly's Sour Cream Noodle Bake (that was my grandma). Also..the other night..we did whole wheat pita's filled with cucumbers and shredded carrots..I added fresh dill and garlic powder to softened cream cheese and we spread the insides of our pita's with that first! Yummy!

The Little Things Mama said...

oh wow! thanks for sharing all of these tasty recipes!