Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~ In Reverse ~ August 29

I am participating in Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com, but unlike most of the other participants who plan their menus and post them that week, I'm always a bit behind, and I post my menus a week later. I do this so that I can let you know if I try a new recipe and it's not that great. I don't want to blog about a recipe if it's no good. Participating in MPM has inspired me to find new recipes for my family, and I hope that when you read this post you can find new recipes for your family!

Monday ~ Tacos & Quesadillas
Tuesday ~ Pesto Chicken Stir fry with Pasta (using pesto I made myself!)  I simply stir fried chicken, chopped green pepper, zucchini & onion then mixed them with pesto and served over pasta - yummo!
Wednesday ~ Sandwiches on the Go!
Saturday ~ Family Reunion
Sunday ~ Cincinnati-Style Chili: 3-ways (Michael's grandfather's recipe)

With school starting and all the extracurriculars filling up our evenings I'm starting to stress a bit about dinner time.  Do you have any EASY and HEALTHY recipes you'd care to share? 

2 comments:

phyllis said...

For a really quick main (meat) dish marinate chicken, pork or beef in Very Very Teriyaki or Soyaki (from Trader Joe's) and grill.
Add rice, q;uinoa or soba noodles and a vegetable (salad, edamame, sugar snap peas) and your are good to go!
If you want a veg dish marinate a portabello mushroom.

phyllismc said...

The Very Very Teriyaki is found at most grocery stores including walmart where it is the least expensive.