Saturday, August 20, 2011

saturdays of yesteryear

when looking through old photos i came across this bunch of snapshots taken of me when i was a toddler.  i was spending the day at the farm with my beloved "bop bop".  i spent many a saturday with bop bop when i was young.  we spent time at the farm, "worked" at his office (i was an expert pencil sharpener & garbage can emptyer), we had lunch at fancy restaurants, and visited local feed & seed stores.  i treasure the memories of my bop bop, and i still miss him very much.  i often wistfully think how great it would have been for him to meet his great-grandchildren. 
i did a little touch-up on these photos at picnik.com, which brightened the dull colors.  you can't see my bop bop very well in the one picture he's in, but just looking at the pictures helps me reminisce about days on the farm with him when i was young.




2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad you posted these when you did, since I just got to see Henry today... Goodness he looks like you! And don't even get me started on Ella as a baby...

These photos are gorgeous, Katie!

Banana said...

What sweet memories :)