Wednesday, October 19, 2011

jars

I have some odd collections.  I collect salt & pepper shakers, buttons, old glass beads, state quarters, and more.  One of my favorite things to collect are jars.  I love glass jars of all shapes and sizes.  I especially love the older jars.  I find them so useful for storage, and fun for displaying items.  I have to thank my parents for always letting me root around for treasures in the basement, and for letting me swipe items off the yard sale tables...I've gotten some of my cooler glassware from them! 
Here's a peek at some of the many jars around our house...
the snack jar collection

perfect storage for kosher salt

my buttons

the "disney fund" (i've been told that it will take more than ten jars this size for me to be able to take our big clan to disney!)

the small jars, too small to hold much, but i like them empty

the marble jar

i use many jars to hold art supplies like jewels

michael inherited these jars from his grandfather, perfect tool storage

sharpie holder

pop tabs for the ronald mcdonald house, right by the sink where so i will remember to save them

what do you use glass jars for?  or what unusual collections do you have?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I cleared off the china cabinet to make it more useful...and use jars (and vases) for school supplies such as markers, pencils, glue sticks, erasers, etc., Looks pretty but is functional! Love all of your jars!

Unknown said...

i love glass jars! i am always saving them. the other day my son gave me some rose petals. i had a snapple glass bottle with water in it sitting next to me, so without thinking i popped them in and screwed the lid on. about a week later i found the bottle under the couch. i opened it up, fearing a rotten stinky mold smell- and it smelled so good! what a surprise.