Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu Plan Monday ~ In Reverse ~ February 13

I am participating in Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com, but unlike most of the other participants who plan their menus and post them that week, I'm always a bit behind, and I post my menus a week later. I do this so that I can let you know if I try a new recipe and it's not that great. I don't want to blog about a recipe if it's no good. I cannot emphasize enough how much menu planning has helped me out. I'm spending less at the grocery store, we are eating out less, and eating healthier foods. I'm not as stressed out at dinner time trying to pull something together with whatever ingredients I have on hand. It takes a bit of time on the weekends to create our menu plan, but all week long I'm thankful that I took the time to get organized and make a plan! I look at my calendar for the week while menu-planning and figure out what kind of meal would be best for each day. Busy evenings call for crock pot cookin' while Friday night family nights are a little more relaxed and I can take my time cooking. Participating in MPM has also inspired me to find new recipes for my family, and I hope that when you read this post you can find new recipes for your family as well!


Here's Last Week's Menu ::
White Lasagna with Garlic Loaf
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken with Wild Rice (we loved this so much I'm making it again this week for the inlaws!)
Grillers, Fruit & Yogurt
Paella with Roasted Broccoli
Steak with Herb Roasted Potatoes & Green Beans

Extras:  Michael baked bread again!  And I made Oatmeal Cookies.

In case you missed it, my friend Michelle did a guest post for me last week and shared her recipe for Korean Stir Fry.  I have another guest recipe coming very soon...

What's cooking at your house?  Please share your links below!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so going to make the Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken this weekend. Chicken is always under a $1 a pound in my area!
Yummy!
You have a wonderful and delicious week.
Happy Valentine's Day!