I made chicken pesto stir fry this week for dinner and thought I'd share the recipe. This dish is a big hit at our house, and it's the meal I make every year for my sister on her birthday. We like it served over pasta with a nice bread to go along with it.
Chicken Pesto Stir Fry
3-4 Chicken Breasts
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion
2 Green Peppers
3/4 cup Pesto (I like to use my homemade pesto -recipe here)
1/4 cup Chicken Broth
1. Cut chicken into 1.5 inch chunks and cook in the Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (about ten minutes -- cut a few pieces in half to check the middle of them to be sure they are cooked). Stir frequently.
2. While chicken is cooking boil water for pasta if you are serving over pasta and cut the veggies. I like them cut into bite-sized chunks.
3. When chicken is cooked through remove from pan. Add veggies to pan and if you need a bit more oil add that too. Stirring frequently, cook the veggies for about 5-10 minutes, until they are cooked to your liking (some people like them crisp, some like them mushy...just do taste tests until they are good!).
4. Add the chicken, pesto and chicken broth to the veggies in the skillet and cook for just a few minutes more, until everything is heated and the sauce thickens just a bit.
5. Drain pasta when it is finished cooking according to directions on package, grate some fresh parmesan, and then put your dish all together. Pasta topped with chicken pesto stir fry with parm sprinkled on top. YUM!