Sunday, July 28, 2013

Date Night at BrewRiver GastroPub

Each year for our anniversary we try to sneak away from the munchkins for a date night.  We try to choose a new restaurant to try...one that's locally owned and unique.  A few weeks back at the Bluegrass for Babies' Midsummer Harvest I met Michael Shields, the chef from BrewRiver GastroPub.  I watched him work his magic over a grill, and make the most AMAZING goetta I've ever eaten in my entire life, and chatted with him about BrewRiver.  I knew just then when he described the menu and the wide variety of craft beers that this would be the place we would dine at for our anniversary this year.  And we weren't disappointed.  BrewRiver GastroPub provided a wonderful dining (and craft beer drinking) experience.  We tried several new brews, and sipped on a few old favorites as well (holy crow, they have Listermann's Triple Digit Chickow on tap!!!).  And we dined on some of the tastiest food I've had in a long while.  We started with the poutine, oh my.  So so so good!  And then for dinner Michael had the Lobster Po Boy and I had the Buttermilk Crispy Amish Chicken.  I had the hardest time deciding what to have, but I am sure I made the right choice, as this was the BEST chicken I have ever had.  The chicken was soaked overnight in buttermilk, flash fried and then finished off in the oven.  And then they drizzled honey over it...ohhhhh sooooo good!  Michael loved his po boy too.  We left stuffed and happy.  I want to go back soon, but in the meantime I'll just dream about that amazing meal we had.  
BrewRiver GastroPub is located at 2062 Riverside Drive in Cincinnati.  To find out more about BrewRiver GastroPub visit their website and their Facebook page!  And then make plans to visit yourself!  And invite me along...





No comments: