Friday, November 1, 2013

Our Evening at Disney on Ice :: 100 Years of Magic & Meeting our Favorite Mice!

We attended opening night of Disney on Ice's 100 Years of Magic Show on Wednesday.  Our friend Adam, with Feld Entertainment set up a fabulous event for local bloggers, and we were lucky enough to meet Mickey and Minnie in person!!!  The kids were so tickled by that!  And by the swag bags...they loved their little goodies, and then popcorn & sunkist with the show AND treats from their Auntie...it was an awesome night for them.  The show captivated them from start until end.  Sam had a Father-Son Pumpkin Carving event at school that night, so I shared the two extra seats with my Aunt Rita and her grandson Robin, who is one of Henry's best buds.  I'm sure both my aunt and myself spent some time worrying over whether the two little boys who are only three years of age, with boundless energy inside of them would sit for the whole show...but they surprised us!  They sat through the entire thing, and Robin even sat on the edge of his seat...literally.  

We've been to several Disney on Ice shows over the past few years, but I'm going to go ahead and say that this was my absolute favorite.  All of the Disney on Ice have some of the same characters that visit...you know that you will always see Mickey & Minnie's smiling faces, and of course the princesses are always in attendance.  But this year, at the 100 Years of Magic show, there were some acts that I considered to be "old school" favorites.  Pinocchio!  Aladin! Toy Story! (ok, that one's not tooo old, but it's one of my faves) Zipadeedoodah!  When You Wish Upon a Star!  Pocahontas!  And the big crowd pleaser....It's a Small World After All!!!  They brought the classic ride to life on the ice.  These are just to name a few...the show was non-stop entertainment.  
 
If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, check out my previous post about a great discount that's available for your family!  (**Please note the giveaway has ended)  The show will be in town at the US Bank Arena until Sunday, November 3rd. 

Disclosure: I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre-Show events.

No comments: