Missy Chase Lapine, more commonly known as the "Sneaky Chef" has been wowing families with her cookbooks for years, and now she is selling her veggie-loaded favorite foods at Remke Markets in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky! Missy is a mother of two and founder of "Sneaky Chef". She encourages families to serve their chidlren healthier meals by adding veggies to foods the family already knows and loves. She has written several cookbooks that share how to "sneak" veggies into meals, and she also has a line of food products that have been available online for a while, but not readily available in stores. Now the foods are right here in my neighborhood at Remke's Markets! As part of a special promotion my family was given several samples of Sneaky Chef pastas, sauces and No-Nut Butters to try at home. It's been a very tasty week at our house! And I have some of her products to share with one lucky winner! Let me tell you a little bit about the products, and then we'll get on to the giveaway...
- SNEAKY CHEF PASTA SAUCES :: There are three different Sneaky Chef Pasta Sauce flavors to choose from: Smooth Red, Cheesy Red and Turkey. So far we have tried two of the three sauces...Smooth Red and Turkey. I made the Red sauce on Monday night and added Turkey Meatballs and the kids DEVOURED it. And had seconds. The sauce tasted so yummy, and little did they know I was feeding them 8 hidden vegetables that were pureed in with the tomato sauce. WIN. The very next night the kids asked for the pasta AGAIN. That's right, we had the same dinner two nights in a row (Only with the Turkey flavored sauce the second night). With the same results...rave reviews up all around from my picky little eaters and a table full of empty plates. It had to be one of the easiest meals I've made in a long time...cook the noodles, heat the sauce, heat the meatballs and BAM...dinner is ready! I'm eager to try the Cheesy Red sauce soon too, I am wanting to try that one in some sort of pasta bake..but my kids are such plain eaters that they prefer just straight up noodles and sauce. I'm saving the past bake for a night when we have company...I'll let you know how that turns out! I also plan on using the Sneaky Chef Smooth Red Sauce for a party this weekend...for dipping cheese sticks! YUM!
- SNEAKY CHEF VEGGIE PASTAS :: Ok, I am going to admit...I was skeptical about a pasta that had veggies infused in it. We've been eating whole grain pasta for a while, and it's ok..it's no white pasta. I was surprised when this veggie loaded pasta cooked up white and tasted just as good as our favorite white noodles AND they are whole grain! They were so much better than the other noodles we've been eating, so I see a change in our future. Here's a description of what's packed into this pasta: Sneaky Chef Foods, a line of delicious and healthy kid-friendly foods packed with hidden vegetables, has announced a new line of nutrient-rich Veggie Pastas made with six hidden vegetables, including broccoli, carrots, shitake mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and beets, delivering the nutrition of real, whole vegetables in pastas that taste and look just like the familiar white pastas families love. Available in four varieties, including Veggie Spaghetti, Veggie Elbows, Veggie Whole Grain Spaghetti and Veggie Whole Grain Elbows, the new pastas are perfect for a variety of dishes from macaroni and cheese, to spaghetti and meatballs, pasta salads, and more.
- SNEAKY CHEF NO NUT BUTTER :: Oh how I wish I had discovered this food several years ago! I think it would have been great to have around when Sam had his peanut allergy. I'll be telling all of my friends who have kids with allergies about this creamy concoction. No Nut Butter is made to have a taste like peanut butter, but instead of being made with nuts it's made with peas. It is great for sandwiches, or for dipping veggies & fruit. AND you can use it to bake with. I've got some plans for this no-nut butter that involves chocolate...I'll share that recipe in the next week or so.
SPECIAL APPEARANCE by Missy Chase Lapine, Author of the bestselling book “The Sneaky Chef”.
Remke Markets “A Taste of Learning” Special guest: “Sneaky Chef”, Missy Chase Lapine, shares tips on how to ‘sneak’ great food into your children’s meals. Saturday, December 7th 2013 12-2pm. Remke Markets at 6920 Burlington Pike in Florence. FREE and Open to the Public! There will be a cooking class, Q&A, demos, activities for the munchkins, and more!
ENTER TO WIN SNEAKY CHEF PRODUCTS TO FEED YOUR FAMILY ::
*****THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! Congrats To JLSmith who said: "I would love to win because I am always trying new ways to hide the veggies! My kids need more veggies in their life."****
The Details ::
I am giving away a set of Sneaky Chef Food Products. The winner will receive sauces,
pasta AND no-nut butter! I will draw one random winner on Wednesday, December 4th at 2pm. The winner will be announced here on the blog and on Facebook. You have 24 hours to contact me via email or another name will be drawn. I will then submit your name and address so that your package can be shipped to you! Please be sure to leave your email address in your comment, and I will try to reach you by email. There are FIVE ways to enter...so try your luck any way you'd like!
How to Enter (answer this question): 1. Tell me...why do you want to win this giveaway?
The following entries are optional BONUS entries! 2. Check out The Little Things Blog & The Sneaky Chef on Facebook, and then leave a comment below telling me that you did so.
3. Share this giveaway with your friends on Facebook, and be sure to tag "the little things blog" and "The Sneaky Chef" in your post! Leave a comment telling me you shared.
4. Tweet about the giveaway! Make sure you add @LittleThingsMom and @SneakyChef in your tweet! And then comment below telling me you did so.
5. Follow along...sign up for Email Newsletters for this blog (upper right hand corner of this blog) and then leave a comment telling me you did so. Or if you follow along another way then tell me that.
Disclaimer: I was given Sneaky Chef food products for review purposes.. The opinions are 100% my own!