Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Veronica's Wedding Shower ~ the details

A few weeks ago I had a wedding shower for my sweet cousin Veronica.  There was no theme, no grand decorations or elaborate plans.  I kept it simple & sweet, and relied heavily on homemade goodness & the help of others to make this party memorable.  And it was.  I'm going to share some of the party-planning ideas I used, maybe they can help you with your next shower.  And if you have any great bridal shower ideas please leave a comment below, I have one more shower to co-host this summer!

The beautiful, blushing bride to be...Veronica with her bouquet of ribbons.  Don't forget when hosting a shower to ask a guest or two to put together a bouquet from all of the ribbons on the gift wrap for the bride to carry down the aisle at the rehearsal.

LOVE pictures :: I took four of Veronica & Brendan's engagement photos and edited them using picmonkey.com and added the letters L-O-V-E to them and printed them out in a large size and hung them up as decorations at the party.

Family Recipes :: I asked everyone to contribute family recipes to give Veronica...it was a family treasure (read more about these adorable recipe cards in this post)

The Food :: Usually I just have appetizers & desserts at showers that I host, but this time we had lunch, which inclued this delectable pretzel sandwiches from Kramer's Market ~ so tasty!  For more great appetizer recipes for your party, check out these great snacks on my blog.

More Decorations :: I made a sweet pink banner using my Custom Cutting System from Creative Memories to make this cool banner (same font as the wedding invites).  The banner could easily be made using a cricut, or even printing out some kind of template online.
Sweets!  Delicious cupcakes made by a friend of mine, and Cake Pops from Sweet Lucy's Cakery.  I've been opting for small desserts at parties instead of big cakes lately.  Everyone seems to like the bite-sized treats.
The Bride & The Matron of Honor

Games we played...

Candy Guess -- how many mints in the jar?
Purse Raid (see printable here)
How well do you know the bride? (I put a spin on this one...asked the groom to fill out the questionaire as well, just to see what his answers would be --it was fun!)

What are some of your favorite things to do at a wedding shower?  Do you have cool decorating ideas?  Fun games to play?  A favorite recipe to share?

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Veronica looks gorgeous, as always! Sounds like a great shower.

Unknown said...

It was sooo much fun! Everything about it was perfect!! I loved the emphasis on family and love! The food was great and the games fabulous! I especially loved the How well do you know the bride game! I thought It was interesting to see my grooms answers to all the questions! The recipe cards were such a fantastic idea! Its so nice to have recipes from family memJbers! It was Perfect!

Amy said...

Veronica looks beautiful!!! My favorite thing at a wedding shower is having everyone write a favorite tip or advice for marriage. We had a couples shower. All the guys wrote, " Do What she says." LOL